At Northern:Drama Acting School you will attend a class initially once a month with the option of an additional second class. By attending once a month your training and development is not at a slow pace. In addition to attending your class you will need to complete prep for future sessions, carry out research and undertake individual and group projects.
In agreement with Jo, each student will set a series of goals which will be developed during the term and each student has a training plan specific to them and their needs and ambitions.
Each term lasts 4 months and we have 4 terms a year. We currently have 6 classes during a month with a total of 120 students.
We also run a scholarship scheme to cover a terms fees. These are awarded on attitude, attendance and progression.
Terms focus on different themes we cover:
- An actor as a business
- An insight into Agents and Casting Directors - what they want!
- Creating the perfect CV and the protocol of approaching industry professionals
- Acting to camera
- Acting for stage
- Acting with a TV script
- TV Casting scenarios
- Creating a character
- Emotional Recall
- Acting styles including: Meisner, Stanislavski, Theatre of Absurd...
- Working with verbatim theatre
- Devising for Theare and TV
- Audition Techniques - What to expect, the protocols and pitfalls
- Approaching a stage audition
- Trusting other actors and your own instincts
- Body confidence and bidy awareness
- Accent Techniques
- Vocal health and development
We also offer specific audition preparation when students need it as well as individual additional career coaching.
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/no/rt/he/northerndrama.co.uk/public_html/modules/mod_sj_twitter/mod_sj_twitter.php on line 13
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage23/no/rt/he/northerndrama.co.uk/public_html/modules/mod_sj_twitter/mod_sj_twitter.php on line 14
Tweets by @northern_drama